Simple, No-bake, and Tasty!
This simple no-bake “cake” was a staple for Elizabeth Post. It was so delicious and easy to make that it remains one of the Post family’s favorite quick-fix desserts today! We use Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers in this icebox cake, and our recipe is a version of the one on the back of the Famous cookie box.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- Beat the whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread a generous spoonful of the whipped cream onto each wafer. Stack the wafers, then lay them down on a platter.
- Frost with the remaining whipped cream until all the chocolate is covered.
- Refrigerate 4 hours. Cut diagonally to serve.
You can customize the look of your cake by dusting the top with cocoa powder or adding chopped nuts or chocolate shavings as garnish. Of course, the simplicity of the unadorned icebox cake won’t fool anyone—it’s still delicious as is!