Half the fun of summer entertaining is spontaneity—friends and family dropping by to toss around a football, have a burger, or go for a swim. As summer gets into full swing, make sure you’re ready to fire up the grill at a moment’s notice.
- Check your grill surface—or even the grill itself. Did it survive winter?
Then stock up on:
- Lighter fluid and (dry!) charcoal or full propane tank
- Grill lighter, brush and cover
- Pam spray
- Skewers (remember: cook meats with meat and veg with veg to allow for even cooking)
- Long metal tongs (or forks, though we prefer tongs) and spatulas
- Clean cooler or bucket for ice and drinks
- Outdoor trash can
- Plenty of reusable, recyclable, or compostable plates, cups and utensils
- Outdoor platters, bowls and pitchers
- Ice cream cones
- Bug spray
- Citronella candles or tiki torches
- Portable stereo