Summer Party Ideas for Kids
Summer is a time for entertaining—even for kids!With no school to worry about, kids can do all the planning and make the preparations for a party. It’s not only fun but is great practice for years of entertaining when they are grown up and out on their own. The first step in the planning process is for kids and their parents to agree that a party is a great idea. Then then can determine who will be doing the work, and some basic guidelines the kids can work within. Then the fun really starts: The kids can decide what type of party they will have. Here are some ideas for five fun parties:
For groups of 4-6 guests:
- The classic slumber party
- Picnic at a beach or park
- Miniature golf tournament
For groups of 8-15 guests:
- Host a luau (Hawaiian theme party)
- A barbecue for your sports team
The planning process should include:
- When and where, including date, time of day, and address
- Theme (if there will be one)
- Number of guests and who they will be
- Food? Snacks? Beverages? A meal?
- Activities—swimming, games, music, etc.