- They can be found just about everywhere: J. Crew, Banana Republic, Macy’s, Brooks Brothers, and beyond.
- Many people think linen when they think of summer suits, but linen wrinkles the first time you sit down. Wrinkles are the hallmark of a linen suit, but in a business setting that informality doesn’t send the right message. Save the linen suit for a daytime outdoor wedding.
- There are options: cotton, cotton/linen blend, fine gabardine, worsted, and silk/wool blends.
- If you want a more formal look, opt for a wool/silk blend. While we think of wool as warm, a summer-weight wool (higher thread count keeps you cool and repels moisture,unlike cotton). Also, this type of material has a slight sheen to it that lends itself to a more formal look.
- A summer-weight wool suit will be labeled Super 120 to 150. This is a good three to four-month suit weight fabric and it drapes better than cotton.