Emily Post's Etiquette, 19th Edition
It’s been six years since the last edition of Emily Post’s Etiquette, but in navigating our fast-paced, stressed-out world the principles of good manners remain constant. Whether it’s appropriate political conversation, guidelines for polite smartphone use, or how to handle dinner guest’s myriad dietary restrictions, choosing to apply the best practices of etiquette enhances every interaction.
In Emily Post’s Etiquette, 19th Edition (On-sale: April 18, 2017 William Morrow; ISBN: 9780062439253, $45.00), the next generation of Posts brings the latest information to your fingertips. Experts on modern manners, Lizzie Post and Daniel Post Senning have answers to todays etiquette questions.
Written in a conversational tone with updates to reflect the impact of technology and devices on the ways we interact, this edition is more timely and relevant than ever. Emily Post’s Etiquette, 19th Edition, brings insight and wisdom to several new topics with updates to classic conundrums, including:
- Living with others
- A checklist to guide you through a roommate search
- Guidelines for living in home shares—like Air BnB—and with roommates
- Job seeking and life in the workplace
- Best practices for networking online and through social sites like LinkedIn
- Ways to show courtesy and establish boundaries in an open office environment
- The different kinds of invitations and the best ways to respond to each
- Creative and practical ways to plan the pre-dinner/cocktail hour
- The lowdown for hosts and guests on hostess gifts; when to bring and what to bring
- Tips for accommodating guests with food allergies and other special conditions.
- Sports and Recreation
- Etiquette standards for different sports including Golfing and Tennis
- Outline for expressing good sportsmanship whether you win or lose
Modern and elegant with an easy-to-follow design including—charts, boxes, bullet list, Q&As —Emily Post’s Etiquette, 19th Edition is perfect for graduates, newlyweds, first-time homeowners, new parents, or people who simply want to understand the latest standards for good manners.
To have this book at your next event, or to give as a corporate gift, please contact: