Emily Post’s Great Get-Togethers
Casual Gatherings and Elegant Parties at Home
In Emily Post’s Great Get-Togethers, Anna Post and Lizzie Post show readers exactly how to host a successful gathering of any size—enjoyably and effortlessly.
The advice of Emily Post has been a party planning staple for decades. Emily Post’s Great Get-Togethers takes a modern look at social gatherings. It’s aimed at capturing a new generation of experienced and aspiring hosts alike, and it focuses on cultivating a person’s signature party style.
Topics in Emily Post’s Great Get-Togethers include:
- How to deal with guests on particular diets (vegetarian/vegan)
- How long to hold dinner if a guest is late
- What to do if a guest is rude or intoxicated
- The importance of ambiance—including thoughts on lighting, flowers, and decorations for everything from casual picnics to fancy holiday parties.
- Creative culinary concoctions—including hors d’oeuvres to die for as well as signature cocktails.
Emily Post’s Great Get-Togethers is full of original ideas and troubleshooting tips to make any celebration spectacular!